Tuesday, February 5, 2008

blast from the past

Since we moved locations at work I now have to drive past my old elementary school. This morning I noticed the crossing guards helping children cross the street and it took me back to the old days of Homer. No, I'm not talking about watching the Simpsons, I'm talking about Homer the crossing guard! Homer was awesome. I remember he would always stand in the median area and wait for the little munchkins to walk by. We would go by single file while Homer would raise his stop sign for us to 'hit' as we went by - kinda like "high fiving" the sign. Sometimes he'd put it so high we'd (ok, just me) would have to jump to reach it! He was always such a joy to see before and after school.

Homer died several years ago, but his memory still lives within me just about every time I see a crossing guard.

0 thoughts:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio