Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Seis de Mayo

Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo, which means that three years go yesterday (5/5/5) is when I got the phone call in England from my mom saying that my dad had cancer. I remember my world coming to a halt, my breath literally being sucked out of me, and feeling my heart stop. I remember it as though it was yesterday.

He's been in remission for two and a half years, but every time he goes back for a check up I'm on pins and needles, praying that it's not back.

I just found out that Marne's dad died a few weeks ago. Marne's a girl who works with Team in Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, somebody who's made it her mission to raise money to find a cure for these terrible diseases. Her father, as I understand, died of cancer. It's just a terrible and awful irony that he died of cancer while she's made it her mission to work with an organization to find a cure for blood cancer. It breaks my heart so bad.

I HATE CANCER.

0 thoughts:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio